Sunday, September 28, 2014

Goodbyes can be sad 9/22

Dearest dearest family and friends.

It was a good week.  It's been kinda crazy.  But it's good.  This Monday we got the great news that I was staying in Sisaket with Sister Herrmann.  Unfortunately... something told me that that wouldn't be the case... and I was right!  Tuesday I got the call that I was actually being transferred.  I didn't even get to finish receiving my training from Sister Herrmann.  Which is pretty sad for me.  I loved being her companion!  I also had to leave my family in Sisaket behind which was hard.  I swear half the branch was at the train station when we left.  Ahhh... even for a heart of stone like mine :) goodbyes can be sad.  I hate last lessons, and telling people that I'll be leaving.  But that's alright.

I was transferred tooooooo.  Bangnaa.  Which is back in the big city of Bangkok.  It's actually a non-biking area.  Which I'm not too thrilled about :)  but.  That's okay!

Something that is exciting is my new companion!  Her name is Sister Nittaya.  Which is weird for me... I'm used to calling her a different name because she lived in Sisaket! :)  I've eaten dinner at her house many times.  She helped us teach dozens of times.  So that's really fun!  Her family is full of some of my favorite people on this planet! :)  Hooray! :)  It'll be fun to work together!

I don't even know what to write about today.  A new area is always exciting.  In some ways there is a bit of a new culture to adjust to.  A lot of new names to remember and things to understand and learn.  Even though I was really sad to leave Sisaket.  I trust God's inspiration and I know that He knows what I need and what people in Thailand need WAY more than I know what anyone needs.  Right now... we don't really have investigators :) and so the world is our oyster :) and we'll be doing some good finding and learning together.  The members here seem really fun and I really want to do everything we can to help this awesome ward grow.

I feel like sometimes God teaches me to trust Him.  Trust that He knows which miracles should happen and I don't!  Trust that He knows where I need to be.  And also what I need to be!  This morning as I studied I feel like He taught me a little more about what I need to be.  And you know what the answer was?  More like Him.  Show a little more love, be a little more kind and a little more selfless.  It's gonna be a good transfer. :)

I love you guys so much.  I'm grateful for the blessings of the gospel, and especially for the blessings of the temple.  The sacred covenants that we make inside of them, the work that is to be done inside of them, and the sealing power that binds our families together for eternity.  I'm grateful to be a witness of the reality of these truths.  It's a labor of love :)

Have a great week!  
Love,
Sister Croft 

No comments:

Post a Comment