Sunday, November 2, 2014

Baaaaaanggaaaaa :) 10/5

Ohhh the good old city of Bangkok.  It's big.  There are a lot of cars.  :)  And it's good.  This week.  Has had its ups and downs.  I think maybe God is trying to teach us humility and patience.  Because we have had somewhat of a difficult time finding people to meet with us! :)  I think every missionary knows what kind of week I'm talking about... just strrrruggling to find people who will come to appointments.  But.  I feel like the miracles that happened were of a different sort.  Kind of like Elder Croft's area... there are some less actives that I'm concerned about here in Bangaa.  This week we've had a chance to meet with some that were off the map and identify some of the problems that are stopping their progression right now.  We were able to do some work to increase the unity and understanding between missionaries and members.  We had a fireside yesterday and I feel glad to be a missionary!  Just like President Monson's talk from last conference... the essence of the gospel is love!  And that's what I felt as I listened to some of the experiences shared.  The essence of sharing the gospel is.  Love! :) We love them and can imagine just what it would be mean if they could know too... and so we want to share it with them!  We face a lot of rejection when inviting :) as all missionaries do.  Buuuut.  Somehow I feel great joy when inviting :)  I like it a lot.  I like making people smile and making them think.  And inviting them to learn for themselves that the gospel is restored! :)  Hoooray!

Some really awesome people that I met this week.  This sweet sweet family from Pakistan.  I really love them.  I met them one night just a few minutes before we went home (as is often the case right? :)) I went up to talk to them and their family was sittin' on a bench eating some ice cream.  I went up and asked them if it was good?  And then... they said "do you want some ice cream?" and proceeded to buy me some.  Oops.  :) that wasn't what I wanted!  But.  They came to church this Sunday.  Unfortunately we had no translation equipment (microphone/headphones) so I got to practice the art of speaking loudly enough for 2 families (some of the Elder's investigators too) to hear, and quiet enough that the whole ward didn't go crazy!  I am impressed by their faith, their warmth, and understanding of gospel principles.  And I am thrilled by their invitation to go teach them more in their home.  Sister Nittaya and I agree that they are special!  

It's weird how many foreigners I meet here in Bangnaa.  I forget how different Bangkok is :)  I also think... that it's good that God worked my fear of white people out of me because I've had the chance to invite and speak to many different people.  I have hopes for a man named Paul :) we'll be teaching him this week too.  He says right now in his life.  He feels like he wants to meet with us.  Poor Sister Nittaya :) we'll practice so she can bear her testimony in English too :)  

In summary.  It was.  A difficult week.  But a good one.  Our results were... not the best as far as numbers.  But hopefully good as far as efforts! :) And desires to help others come unto Christ.  My love for Bangnaa is growing.  I can't wait to teach this good people.  They really are my brothers and my sisters! 

I love you.  I hope you have a Thairiffic week this week :) good things are a comin!  As they always are! :)

Love,
Sister Croft

No comments:

Post a Comment