Sunday, November 2, 2014

Mmmm. 10/26

This week was a really good week.  We've been able to teach some of our investigators more!  It was a miracle!  But really it was... we've been struggling all transfer to find people that will meet with us.  And despite the rain killing a lot of our appointments this week.  We still were able to teach a lot more than we have in previous weeks.  We have people progressing towards baptismal dates!

I let you in on some of our investigators.  One is a 18 year old girl who Sister Nittaya met several transfers ago.  She just recently came back and started learning with us.  She is so excited and loves all that she is learning.  I was so grateful for our ward yesterday.  They took all of our investigators in and helped them feel at home.  

Another investigator that we've started teaching is this sweet woman that I adore.  She is the mother of a member.  And she comes to church.  She has been since I came here, and possibly before that as well.  I noticed her... I think maybe the first week and decided to talk to her because no one was.  I asked her how long she'd been a member.  She said she wasn't one.  I sit by her during lunch a lot, talk to her weekly.  I just really like her!  I've invited her to learn with us before... she said "that's okay."  Haha... but some members told us this week that we just need to teach her.  So we did.  And I love her... she hasn't accepted a date yet.  But she knows its true.  And while we listened to her... I couldn't help but imagine her helping the missionaries teach sometime in the not so distant future... telling an investigator how stubborn she was at the beginning.  Oh she makes me happy!

Sunday was a really good day for us.  I feel happy thinking about Sunday.  There was a really sweet woman that is visiting here from the south.  I have had the chance to translate for her this week and also last week.  I just really love that sister!  Sometimes I am just inspired by the goodness of other people, she makes me happy!

A really wonderful highlight of this week was Mission Tour.  We had the opportunity to be taught by President and Sister Senior and also President and Sister Gong.  We talked about the doctrine of stakes, families, and temples.  We talked about the sacrament.  The spirit was present... and I think we all learned and felt a lot of things.  For me... there was a desire to know the Savior more and more.  And there was also a renewed perspective.  I loved a little thought President Senior shared.  He showed us a picture from a baptism.  He said "what do you see?" and then he showed us a picture of 2 Thai siblings, leaving for their missions on the same day.  He said... that we should picture everyone like that.  And that's something I'm striving to do more and more.  As we teach them we picture them in white ready to be baptized.  But we also picture them in the temple.  And eventually in the Celestial kingdom of God.  It's hard to have that perspective with everyone we meet and associate with.  But that's how God sees us. 

I love you and I hope you have a delightful week this week!  The work is good! :)

Love,
Sister Croft

P.S. transfers are on Thursday.  What? :)  As usual... I have no idea what will happen.  
Also.  Pictures.  

1. The street to the church flooded.  We had an appointment.  And we were waiting for them to come.  And it started raining really really hard.  He said he was still coming... but then... he didn't.  I joked to Sister Nittaya that we'd get stuck in the church for 40 days and 40 nights because of a flood.  And then... it really did flood.  Just enough to have a disgusting wade home.  But it's okay.  You can't tell but I'm standing in disgusting water :) Hooray. :) 
2. Sister Saen from Sisaket came to Bangnaa for a day.  And it filled me with joy.  :)  I love that woman.  :)  It was a Sisaket reunion! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment