Sunday, November 2, 2014

The highlight of this week? 10/12

Was definitely General Conference.  What could be better than sitting down and listening to prophets of God speak for hours.  Pretty much nothing.  I felt the power of God in the words that they spoke, and I can't wait to study the talks and learn even more from them.  Some of my answers were very bold and direct, some of them were subtle and scattered here and there.  But I know that they really are prophets of God!  Sometimes... I get nervous, there are a lot of dangers in the world, the spiritual dangers being much more concerning than the physical.  But then I remember all that God has given me.  Covenants.  Scriptures.  Temples.  Leaders.  A family.  The Holy Ghost.  And then I know that I am deciding right now to create a pattern for my life... so that I will never take a finger off that iron rod. :)  I loooove Conference.  Good stuff.

This week... our work has begun to creep along :)  It was still a bit of a slower week.  But we've found a couple of new people.  As I've been trying to figure out what things we can do to help this area improve and grow... I feel like I've realized who we need to talk to.  I studied a lot out of Elder Richard G. Scott's talk this morning.  From last conference... about righteous examples in his life that led him to the path of God.  There are some people here in Bangaa that are stealing my heart.  And I want them too.  I want to love them with my heart and soul, and help them like Elder Scott's wife helped him.  I have a vision of their families first in the temple.  And then in the Kingdom of God.  And so that is my plan for this next week.  We're gonna work on it.  :)  I have 4 part member families in mind... and we're gonna go for it, with a lot of prayer.  And a lot of love.  :) 

Well this is really short and boring.  :)  Sorry.  I'm not sure what else to tell you.  Brother Art a member from my first area, Phitsanulok, just moved to Bangnaa.  You can't imagine how happy I was to see him at the gate of the church!  Brother Art??? :)  Hooray!  He told me my Thai was better, and that I seemed like a new Sister Croft.  I told him... I was really glad that my Thai was better... and I may have cried if he said it was the same! :) Haha... Oh.  Missionary work is good.

I love you!  Have a great week this week! :)

Love,
Sister Croft

PICTURES! :) Finally right? :) This is me with a crazy little girl named boy.  :) haha... that's funny in english.  Normal in Thai.  She wanted me to wear the fancy head band.  We had a great conversation about her stuffed animal sheep this past week.

Sometimes... we eat Somtam.  A lot actually.  Sometimes on the floor.  Mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment