Sunday, November 2, 2014

Heyyyyyyo. 10/19

This week has been a good one.  An interesting one.  And a good one.  :)  I'm not sure what all to tell you about it.  

I got a chance to go on switchoffs in a nearby area and it was a really good experience I learned a lot.
  
We are kind of still struggling to find and teach investigators.  But there are a couple of new people coming out of the woodwork, some good possibilities, and so that's good!  

The families that I wanted to work with... some of them were out of town, or had some specific challenges.  But we will keep trying with them!  One of them we did get to work with a little!  And she came to church on Sunday!  Hooray! :)  

This week I think I've learned more about... God's goodness.  And about revelation.  God knows exactly what we need.  Who we need as a companion, things we need to do, which path we need to take.  And I have found it really interesting as I've worked here in Bangnaa... I think there are specific things I have been sent here to do!  And I've been doing my best to ponder and receive revelation.  To first observe and then help with what I need to do.  It's required a little bit of boldness on my part sometimes.  As well as compassion.  It still requires better planning :) but miracles happen every single day.  Miracles of change.  Little miracles.  And sometimes big miracles!  But miracles nonetheless.  This week we had a pretty miraculous moment.  Yesterday we were teaching some recent converts when the door opened... and in walked a recent convert who had recently cut himself off from the church.  He had erased all members from his facebook.  Gotten a new number.  And we weren't sure how we could help him... and yesterday.  He just walked into the church like he'd never left.  Wow!  He actually ran into Sister Nitaya and Sister Peck when they decided to go visit a recent convert when an investigator didn't come.  There he was!  And then yesterday he came back and gave us his new number, and told us he'd see us on Tuesday for English class.  A miracle indeed.  

I've pondered about things like this before... sometimes you leave areas... and then find out old investigators have disappeared... that different people are struggling, have stopped coming to church, etc.  It can be a little painful... and yet.  I have often found a feeling of peace.  That as I have said before... Dear are the sheep that have wandered.  And God numbers each of His sheep.  Sometimes I think I think that I'M the guy that has to do all of this stuff!  Oh no!  The problems!!!! :)  Or oh no!!! How can we help them to do this!!! :)  And then I remember the most important relationship.  That between the investigator and God.  And the answers that they receive there.  The help that they receive from Him.  AS well as the help that they sometimes receive from Him through missionaries.  It's the private relationship.  The personal practices.  The revelation we receive when we seek Him in our closets, and earnestly want to know.  :)  And that's the answer for all of it.  Trying to do His will is sometimes hard.  But always rewarding! :)  And always what we must do.

I love you so much.  :)  So so much.  I am grateful for the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  And for the absolute truth that is found in it.  

Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Croft

Pictures:

My companion.  Haha... I dunno if everyone is familiar with my favorite joke or not... 
I asked my companion.  
Do you love chicken and rice?  

Annnnnnd.  This is me making some food on a switchoff!  This sweet sister showed us how to make our own lunch.  She was so good at cooking.  And so adorable.  I just wanted to hug her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment